Based in Sunny Singapore
Stifled is a multi-award winning, VR and Mic-Enabled Sound-Based Stealth Thriller, where sound is the only way you see and the enemies HEAR your fear. In Stifled, the sounds made by your in-game character and yourself through microphone input reveal the otherwise hidden world through ‘echolocation’. However, undue noise will attract the attention of creatures lurking in the darkness. To survive, you will have to tread the line between making sounds to see, and staying quiet to stay hidden.
Stifled was previously code-named Project Echo and is the spiritual successor to Lurking, an award-winning student game that was developed over a course of 6 months at Digipen Institute of Technology, Singapore. More info on Lurking can be found at www.lurking-game.com.
- Sound based play, where you 'see' the world through sound.
- Microphone enabled play, where the enemies 'HEARS your fear'.
- VR-enabled that increases the player's immersion.
- Let's Player's nightmare where their commentary reveals their location to the enemies.
- Unique 'echolocation' visual style.
Stifled: Narrative Trailer YouTube
Stifled: Microphone Demo Trailer YouTube
Stifled: Teaser Trailer YouTube
Stifled: Polygon Preview Stream YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Stifled - Winner, Most Innovative" Unite Singapore 2016
- "Stifled - Winner, Best Gameplay" Unite Singapore 2016
- "Stifled - Winner, Audience' Choice" Unite Singapore 2016
- "Stifled - Winner, Judges' Choice" Gamestart Asia 2016
- "Stifled - Finalist, Idea" AZ Play 2016
- "Stifled - Finalist, Sound" AZ Play 2016
- "Stifled - Finalist, Playability" AZ Play 2016
- "Stifled - Finalist, Excellence in Experimental" Busan Indie Connect 2016
- "Stifled - Offical Selection" Radius Vienna 2016
- "Stifled - Offical Selection" Out of Index 2016
- "Stifled - Nominee, Most Innovative Game" Casual Connect Asia 2016
- "Stifled - Nominee, Best Game Design" Casual Connect Asia 2016
- "Stifled - Finalist, Innovation Category" BIG Festival 2016
- "Lurking - Winner, Best Student Game" IGF China 2014
- "Lurking - Winner, Excellence in Technology" IGF China 2014
- "Lurking - Official Selection" Sense of Wonder Night 2014, Tokyo Game Show 2014
- "Lurking - Official Selection" Gamer's Voice, SXSW 2015
- ""I tried an early demo that convinced me that this concept has legs and doesn't feel gimmicky.""
- Zack Furniss, Destructoid
- ""Being forced to use sound and your own memory to navigate the dark successfully ratchets up the tension considerably.""
- Bryan Edge-Salois, PC Game Examiner
- "That was certainly super intense."
- Russ Frushtick, Polygon
- "Gattai Games is completely changing things so that the player is forced to feel even more helpless in their environment."
- Marcus Estrada, Hardcore Gamer
- "The minimalist aspect really works, as the horror comes mostly from your mind’s eye."
- Jeremy Ooi, Haogamers
- ""It’s got a right mix of the things I’d like to see in a game of its nature, so I’m inclined to believe we’ll hear nothing but good things when it releases."
- CJ Melendez, Rely On Horror
About Gattai Games
Gattai Games is a Singapore-based game studio where developers come together to create Novel and Quality interactive experiences. Also, we like giant combining robots and think the GG acronym is funny.
More information on Gattai Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design + Business Guy
Code + Audio Guy
Chen Wei Ren
Art + Design Guy
Design + Stuff Guy